Thursday, March 13, 2008

Induction day 3

So today has been a busy day for me in the kitchen. I spent nearly all day in there and now I am behind in my housework! Gha! ya just can't win! I had to prepare several vegetables. I had to wash my Romaine lettuce, dry it then chop it up so it would be ready for salads. I had to wash, boil and rice my 4 cauliflower heads. I had to wash, scrub and set my pickling cukes to lactoferment, which should be ready in 4 days to a week, can't wait! I managed to skip lunch again, i was just so busy! between Sairah wanting to nurse often, throwing tantrums and all because she is teething, and taking care for Dh and the pets and blaaaaaaah blah blah, it took me 5 hours in the kitchen to get all that prepared then get dinner started and then serve it. Needless to say Im EXAUSTED. In fact, I'm going to make myself some green tea with lemon grass and spearmint.

So the cravings have not been many, actually none lol. I'm just very hungry during the day and that's because I don't have anything on hand, that is why I spent all day today preparing stuff. Now all I have left to do is shred the leftover chicken so I can use it in salads and breakfast tomorrow :) The GF pancakes for Dh and Sairah are already done, since we had some left over today.

For breakfast today I had a Confetti Quiche with a side of home made breakfast sausage. The recipe for t he quiche is as follows:


6 eggs
4 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup asparagus chopped
1/2 cup of green onions chopped
1 med roma tomato seeded and diced
1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Let cream cheese sit at room temperature to soften(or method of your choice) then beat eggs and cream cheese until there are small chunks of cream cheese. take the chopped vegetables and whisk them in. Add salt to taste. Pour mixture in a greased pie mold/pan. Sprinkle Mozzarella on top (you can add more if you wish) and bake for 35-40 minutes. Devide in 4 eaqual parts. Each serving is 4.0 g of Carbs. Enjoy!


For Lunch I had the breakfast left overs in a rush. For dinner I had baked Chicken over some cauli-rice. It was DELISH! The cauliflower was so much like rice! For the baked chicken, I just stuffed half an onion, once celery stalk and 2 cloves of garlic in the cavity, rough chopped. I melted some butter and put my favorite spices in it, took a syringe (it was a medicine dispenser lol) and put butter under the skin in different places of the chicken. I seasoned the skin with garlic, salt and butter and I placed it in the oven at 325 degrees for 3 hours.






To prepare the cauli-rice, you simply boil your washed cauliflower until it's tender. Let it cool and then shred it in your food processor or by hand with a grater. If you want more flavor you can take the already shredded cauliflower and sate it in some butter (yeah yeah I sound like Paula Deen LOL) ad a pinch of salt and whatever seasoning you like. You can use this with stir fry's, you can even make mock hash browns! Yum! Each half cup of Caulifower is 2.5g of carbs. This is also a great way to get veggies into your kids! My DD loved the Quiche and she had some of this cauli-rice as well.

Since you have the cauli-rice done already, here is a couple of ideas for it. You can make it into Pizza crust or "bread"sticks. They are just wonderful! I got the recipe from This Blog.
I plan on making this pizza tomorrow, we'll see how it turns out!

No comments: