Thursday, March 13, 2008

Induction

Well here i am again, 2 months later trying to update my blog. I just don't like how it looks, but I guess for now it will have to do. Sairah's first birthday was on Monday, I cannot believe a whole year has passed by. I felt so emotional that day, partially because the time just flew, it was so much of a blur for me. We dealt with SO much, she had GERD for four months and we didn't know it, by the time it started to get better she was 7 months old. Then we were left with the crappy sleeping issues due to the GERD. We are still struggling with sleep, but it's not as hard. I love her more and more every day, she is becoming such a little person! She is most definitely going to be a handful, but I'm glad she is a happy child. I don't think I have many pictures of her not smiling. She is such a joy and is always happy. Yes, she is whiny, but I have yet to meet a baby this age who isn't constantly nagging. I hope to keep track of her second year of life as I did not have much time or energy to do so her first year.

I have slowly been weaning off of carbs since January. The first step I took was to increase my fat intake, i hopped on the coconut oil bandwagon and I won't be looking back. I feel better than ever, now I'm just focusing on losing the weight that I gained due to processed foods and carbs. I decided to also cut off all grains and gluten for the time being. I have insulin resistance and I KNOW that is the cause, I would hate to develop diabetes or something of the like if it can easily be prevented. So, as I was saying, i increased my fat intake and that alone really helped me let go of breads and most carbs. I found myself eating maybe a slice of bread in the morning and thats about it for grains.I am very satisfied and don't get very hungry even though I still Nurse Sairah almost all day. So after much reading and research I decided it's time to just drop the weight. I feel fully prepared and I have done this slow enough to where I won't behaving any "withdrawals" of any kind. I know how to keep my body satisfied and in good health so now it's time to take the biggest test! I am on day 3 of the Atkins induction and am already 3 lbs down! (Keep in mind I haven't been eating breads or gluten for almost a month). now before you GASP at the thought of "atkins" I want to clarify that I tweaked this way of eating to my personal standards. I agree with almost everything Dr. Atkins talk about, butI will not be eating any processed foods, mixes, splenda, vegetable oils or junk ;)

anyhow it's time for bed now So I will hopefully cath up tomorrow and start tracking my menu's and such!

No comments: